Parent involvement and participation is warmly invited and actively encouraged. You can participate in a variety of ways such as school council, parents and friends, working bees, excursions. camps, volunteering in the classrooms and just by staying up to date with school news and happenings.
Just speak to your classroom teacher – or our Principal to find out more!
Parents & Friends
The P&F is a fabulous opportunity for parents to gather and become involved in the life of the school. The activities of this Group are diverse and are inclusive of all families.
What does the P&F do?
School Advisory Group
The School Advisory Group is a significant and valued body of representatives from across the school community and acts as an advisory body to the Parish Priest and the Principal on matters concerning the development of the school and the education and welfare of the students.
It’s central purpose is the realisation of the Vision of the School.
- To act as a forum for discussion on matters concerning education in the school, Support the provision of Catholic education in the parish by providing a link to the school community.
- Promote the role of community in the life of the school.
- Promoting Catholic ethos and RE programs Bringing alive the life of the parish within the school community
- Involvement in policy review and development and contributing to setting objectives for the school year.
- Advising and assisting in the provision of physical resources for the school
- Engaging in local promotion of the school
- Actively promoting community spirit
- Policy creation
- Special Projects
- Community Engagement
- The Group meets 7 times per year where Reports are tabled by community groups, and the Principal
- A written Report is circulated to the Parent Body following each Group Meeting
- Two open meetings are held each year.
- Members are appointed for a
two yearterm following nomination and election
- Nominations for membership to the Board are called for 4 weeks prior to the AGM
- AGM is held during fourth term of each year
Parents have the opportunity to assist with classroom programs throughout the year. A parent helpers program has been designed to provide interested parents with an insight into the development of early literacy skills in young children. The implementation of a successful literacy program is dependent upon the support of parents who have been trained in this area.
In an effort to reduce overall school maintenance costs, parents are encouraged to attend one working bee throughout the year. Every working bee concludes with a barbeque where parents have the opportunity to
At St Mary’s we appreciate the assistance of parents on school excursions. Support is often required with
During the year there are many events where the parents can participate or provide assistance. For example, school sports carnival, events related to whole school inquiry topics, sacramental celebrations, and faith gatherings.
Are you a current parent?
Help spread our story. We would love you to share our online tour with anyone you know who has children starting school in our area. Click the link below to check it out for yourself.